For its pilot week, A Beautiful Affair has been leading in terms of ratings as predicted by TheOutsider. For one, it's a John Lloyd & Bea Alonzo tandem so what do you expect. But aside from that factor, there are many others that make this primetime soap opera from ABS-CBN worth watching.Here's our bullet review:
- Beautiful cinematography. It's like watching a mainstream movie.
- Good opening scene with a Russian roulette sequence that educated the commoners as to what it is.
- Balanced presentation of the past and present parts of the story. It's not like the other soap operas that begins week one with a boring back story or history.
- It's a sad story that makes you want to watch it. Not for the 'killing' moments but on how both characters will find refuge on each other's arms in their low points.
- This show definitely brought John Lloyd and Bea to a more mature level on TV and it's worth the watch as to how they will sustain it which we're sure of.
-Megan Young is consistently a support for John Lloyd-Bea tandem. But after bagging a lead role in an afternoon soap, she's back to being a support here.
-The supporting cast in the international setting is not that good except Janus Del Prado. But that's so forgivable granted that the two leads are really good.
-Beautiful train shots.