Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Richman's Daughter's True Story


The first time we've heard of The Richman's Daughter and that Marian Rivera is to play a lesbian role, we thought it was based on a true story. The storyline sounded familiar. So we looked up the internet and true enough we were right that we have read a news about this already.

Gigi Chao, a 34-year-old heiress to Cecil Chao, is the true story version of The Richman's Daughter.

Civilly married to a fellow woman, Sean Eav, last 2012, Gigi writes a letter to her father after he raised the dowry to £80 million from £39 million. This dowry is meant to attract elligible men who may possibly win Gigi's heart and convince her to marry a man. This is why she wrote to her dad...

"I am responsible for some of this misplaced expectation, because I must have misled you to hope there were other options for me..."

"You know I've had male lovers in the past, and I've had happy, albeit short-lived, relationships."

"However, I do love my partner Sean, who does a good job of looking after me, ensuring I am fed, bathed and warm enough every day, and generally cheering me up to be a happy, jolly girl. She is a large part of my life, and I am a better person because of her.

"Now, I'm not asking you to be best of friends; however, it would mean the world to me if you could just not be so terrified of her, and treat her like a normal, dignified human being."

Gigi, after her father's dowry raise announcement, posted on her Facebook account.


"Dear men looking for money or baby-oven, I'm not your woman, your emails/messages will not be appreciated, and will be regarded as idiotic and offensive. Please stop bothering me. Send your love to Dr. Cecil Chao as he is the one attracted your attention."

Credits to telegraph.co.uk for most of the details

No comments:

Post a Comment